The Resident Intern program is designed for those individuals seeking a career in the emergency services. The program provides the student with invaluable training and benefits, but more importantly, hands on experience in the field by working along side professional personnel at emergency scenes.
- Goal Orientated?
- Positive and self motivated?
- Able to adapt to dynamic situations?
- A team player?
- Eager to face new challenges and obstacles?
- Ready to start a career in EMERGENCY SERVICES?
- Free room
- Scholarships for college tuition, books, and fees while working on a degree in emergency services
- Training in all aspects of structure and wild land firefighting, emergency medicine, and fire prevention
- Experience working with trained professionals
- Must be at least 18 years old
- No felony record
- Meet the physical fitness requirements recommended in NFPA 1582
- Hold a valid and insurable OR driver’s license
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA with a C grade minimum in each class
- Maintain a minimum of 12 credits per term towards a degree in fire science, emergency medicine, nursing, or criminal justice