Umatilla Rural Fire Protection District & Umatilla County Fire District #1
Applications are currently closed for the class of 2021, but be sure to visit us this winter when the applications for the Class of 2022 opens!
The Resident Intern program is designed for the new or experienced firefighter or EMT. The Resident Intern program provides the student with valuable training and benefits, but more importantly, the experience that cannot be attained in a classroom. This useful knowledge is gained by working shoulder to shoulder with our professional personnel on day-to-day operations and emergency scenes.
- Living accommodations including utilities and laundry
- Scholarships for college tuition, books, and fees while working on a degree in emergency services or related fields
- Training in all aspects of structure and wild land firefighting, emergency medicine, and fire prevention
- Experience working with trained professionals
- Must be at least 18 years old
- No felony record
- Meet the physical fitness requirements recommended in NFPA 1582
- Hold a valid and insurable OR driver's license
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA with a C grade minimum in each class
- Maintain a minimum of 12 credits per term towards a degree in fire science, emergency medicine, nursing, or criminal justice